Thursday, November 11, 2010

Today I am thankful for...

Veterans, of course. That was easy on a day like today. I am thankful for Bryan's dad, Danny, who did a tour of duty in Iraq with the National Guard the year we found out we were pregnant with Parker. I hated having to tell him he was going to be a Grandpa through email, but he was here before Parker was born, and I am so proud to be his daughter-in-law. I remember getting to welcome him home with the entire city, and being a part of all of the worry that folks have when a loved one is overseas. I remember the fear when I thought he might have to go again right after we found out Logan was on his way. We were so thankful that we wouldn't have to go through that again, but I rarely tell him how proud I am of him that he was willing to go. I know he was doing it for his family, his grandchildren, his country.
Bryan's grandfather served in the Korean War. He doesn't talk about it much, and I don't ask many questions. But I am proud of him and his accomplishments and what he's done for all of us.
Take a minute out of your day...thank a Veteran!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers