Monday, November 29, 2010

So I didn't do so well...

...keeping up with the blog and the thankfuls all month. But I feel like we have been going...and going...and, well, you get the picture. Our Thanksgiving dinners started Saturday the 13th, and we have eaten turkey every few days since then, seems like. The rundown is as follows:
We had a nice visit and dinner at Bryan's mom and Ronnie's house. The boys played, the weather was nice, and we got to spend a lot of time with Bryan's grandparents.
On that Friday we ate lunch with Parker at school. He was so surprised to see that Bryan had gotten off work to be with him. It was a family affair.
On Tuesday the 16th we were with Logan for his delicious Burger King preschool FEAST. He was hesitantly dressed as an Indian (not happy) and we enjoyed seeing him with his friends and in his own world.
Then by Wednesday, we headed to Moulton and spent time at my grandfather's cabin. We had a wonderful visit and spent the night so we could make it more easily to our next event.
On Thursday it was more turkey and my Dad's side of the family. It was a nice visit with lots of family. Thursday evening we stole a few quiet hours with my parents, throwing the football, laughing and jumping in leaves. It was so nice!
We only spent Friday at home, and I spent most of it sleeping because I did the Black Friday shopping thing with a new, dear friend! Jamie and I had a great time shopping and people watching. We had nothing particular to go for, so it was fun just to see everyone so frantic. Did get a few good deals, though!
And...drumroll please...on Saturday we had...CHRISTMAS at Bryan's dad and Phyllis' house! Yes, I said Christmas. We got an early jump so we could all be sittin' on go when my sister-in-law Julie says "it's time (for baby Mason to arrive)!" We, as always, had a ball. We were blessed with beautiful gifts for us and the children, but most importantly, with lots of love and laughter.
So now...I am enjoying the news that we will have THREE new family members soon. I learned that my sister-in-law is engaged, and so is my brother-in-law, and I am eagerly anticipating the phone call about the arrival of my first NEPHEW! What a holiday season so far!
The boys (Bryan included:) are doing great and we have all fought the sinus crud but are much better. Can't wait to see what the rest of the year brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers