Monday, May 17, 2010

Yippee!

OK...so I don't think anyone who reads my blog knows anyone that this might spoil the surprise for, so...I AM GOING TO BE AN AUNT!!!! It's my first go around with that title, and we are so excited! Bryan's brother Brad and his wife Julie are expecting in December.
I told Bryan's family that I didn't have any brothers and sisters so they were my only hope at having nieces and nephews, and I was ready any time they wanted to get to work! As an only child, this is a BIG DEAL for me to be around a big family. I have the best of both worlds - a big family on Bryan's side, and my tight, small family on my side. I always loved being an only child, though, and to this day I have never felt like I missed out. But it's nice to get both!
I can't wait to hear "Uncle Bryan and Aunt Kristy"...wished we lived closer so we could hear it more often. The only sad part is we gather only two or three times a year! We'll all just have to find a way to remedy that...
I am thankful today that Bryan's brother Sam is alive and well. Scary situations make us realize how blessed we really are. We don't even want to think about anything happening to anyone in our family, and the Lord has spared us lots of sadness. Praises to Him! My prayer is that we always hear good news within our family. But whatever the situation, I know God is in control.
Hope everyone had a blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers