Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow...Week?





Oh my goodness. When the white stuff fell Sunday night, I didn't think it would paralyze the entire city for days! I think that the 7 inches of snow in our front yard was the deepest I had ever seen. I have to admit, I was a little childlike when I ventured out the first time. I made a snow angel, I threw a few snowballs, I dove into the drainage ditch (yuck, I know), and had a generally wonderful time. I wasn't worried about our four layers of clothing and the laundry that would ensue. I let time and work stop for a moment and really let myself see it the way Parker and Logan saw it. And to the boys it was nothing short of magic! I saw a sparkle in their eyes, felt the joy in their little souls. I had a parent moment that I will never forget.
We came in and ate lunch, cleaned up, and went back out for round 2. Round 2 included snowman building. With two boys and a husband who like football, our poor snow friend lasted about 30 minutes before he was tackled for a loss at the imaginary 20.
Now...it's been 3 full days of no school, and we are looking at number 4. I am not the type to stay home lots. Even as a stay at home mom, I like to go and do, visit and window shop and walk around. So this has been nothing short of difficult for me. The magic is gone, and I would like to get somewhere now.
Posting pictures of our play day. We haven't been out in it since. I don't want to push our luck in the cold and flu department. The boys haven't asked to play again, so that's worked out just fine. Hope you are staying warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers