Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy New Year!

2011...I can't believe it! Lots of things came and went in 2010, and boy did it all go by fast! Parker and Logan grew by leaps and bounds, I grew (unfortunately) and life evolved in a beautiful way, yet again.
I often say that if you asked me 15 years ago (that number is growing everyday) what my life would be like in 15 years, I would describe to you nothing that is what my life is now. I never thought about children or even a husband for that matter. But I have what I never anticipated. And I am what I once prayed I'd never be - the dreaded stay-at-home mom. I know that sounds harsh, but I like to be truthful. God changes people. He changes circumstances, and He gives us what He wants us to have. I might could have made different choices, but I think I am right where I should be. Correction: where HE wants me to be.
Here's the 2010 rundown, all the memories and the excitement of it all!
Parker was in Kindergarten in January, and I couldn't imagine Logan in school. Now they are both school boys. In March, Bryan and I celebrated 9 years of marriage...we are proud and humbled that we have made it this far and are always committed for the long haul. We enjoyed Alabama's ADay Game, and we had a beautiful Easter, Mother's Day and Father's Day In May we found out we would be Aunt Kristy and Uncle Bryan before the year was out. So exciting! Summer was a blast, with trips to the zoo and the movies abounding. Bryan was promoted at work, and we were able to buy our first new vehicle together. First grade and Preschool started, and both my babies went off to school. Good thing they loved it! In October we received the bad news about our house, but after a week of repairs we were safe and sound again, with one broken shoulder (poor Bryan). We got everything back in order just in time to celebrate both the boys successes at school - Parker was the Student of the Month in his class for September, and Logan was Student of the Week at his school shortly after. I managed a little weight loss, Thanksgiving messed that all up, and Christmas was a difficult time for us. We were all sick and are still in some ways recovering.
What I like to dwell on is that in all that was 2010, there wasn't a death in our family, an injury we couldn't bear, a financial situation the Lord didn't bring us out of, or any other thing that succeeded in hurting our family. When 2011 rolled around, we were intact. We are a product of a loving God granting mercy and grace for us. I am forever thankful. And in all the ups and downs - even though I am what I once dreaded, I have more than I could have hoped for. Here's to the New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I hope that 2011 is just as good to your family as 2010 was... and that your family gets well and STAYS well. Ya'll had your fair share of sickness for awhile!

    ReplyDelete

Followers