Wednesday, May 11, 2011

After the Storm

It's really easy for me to say that there is an "after." We had no damage from the deadly tornadoes and didn't even lose power. For those who lost loved ones and homes on April 27, 2011, I am sure they are still working to find their "after." The Cook family is praying for them and we hope that they feel the presence of God in these trying times. I can't even begin to try to understand what they are going through. God bless them and comfort them.
We made some small changes to our schedule after the storms hit. Our Crimson Caravan was canceled and so was my sister-in-law's wedding shower. I was very disappointed about the shower, for sure. I love being a part of my brothers and sisters-in-law's lives, because as I have mentioned before, I am an only child and they ARE my siblings. I was excited to do something for Ashley for her upcoming wedding. Now the weekends are so packed it doesn't look possible. But we still have the wedding to look forward to, and we'll be going to the beach for the big day!
We were able to go see "THOR" a day before it was released. We walked the red carpet, got goodies and felt like VIPs for the night. Special thanks to Bryan's cousin Jason and his sweet family for inviting us. We had so much fun! And the movie wasn't bad either! The boys are still holding on to their little THOR hammers.
Tomorrow night is the night that Logan graduates preschool. It seems like yesterday that I held him in my arms and fed him a bottle, counted his fingers and toes and marveled at his beautiful red hair. Time moves fast. Parker is a big boy and has 16 days left until he's out for summer. We hope to see and do lots this summer and to keep busy. We'll see how that goes!
I had such a beautiful Mother's Day. Three handsome men gave me a beautiful flying butterfly in a jar and sweet cards, and some beautiful hand made gifts as well. I was able to worship the Lord with my husband and gorgeous kiddos and spent some time with our family as well. I am blessed with a mom that is my best friend, and I wish I could celebrate Mother's Day for her every day. Lord help me always to remember to be thankful for those precious angels that make me a mother, and for the mother that is mine.
Now we are looking forward to another visit with my nephew this weekend, oh, and the rest of the family, too...can't you see where this proud aunt's priorities are? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers