Friday, October 29, 2010

Happy Halloween!





One of my favorite times of the year is upon us. I love Halloween! It's so much fun, and the idea of dressing up and being someone different for a night is exciting. Even Bryan and I are dressing up this year. I'll be posting pictures of that after Saturday night.
BUT LAST NIGHT...
The boys wanted an extra night of trick-or-treating so we headed to the Decatur Mall to their Halloween event. We got candy from the nice store folks and decided to enter the Costume Contest. There were probably 30-40 kids in Parker and Logan's category, but they won the two top places! They were so cute as Mario and Luigi. When they called Parker's number I thought that they probably wouldn't choose both, but then they called Logan's right after. Both boys got gift certificates to spend in the mall. Of course we had to buy something before we could even leave! Money burns a hole in my children's pockets quickly...sounds familiarly like their mom. :)
Anyway, it took a lot of time, and our bedtime was LATE, but it was worth it. Somebody tells me their picture is in the Decatur Daily today. I'll have to round up some change and check it out. I am posting some pics of my own for now.
Have a wonderfully spooky and exciting Halloween! Enjoy it for what it is - a night to fill your belly with candy, play dress-up, and get yourself so hyped up on ghost stories that you have to turn on all the lights just to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night! What a fun night of make-believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers